This is a first for me in several ways.
- I am exhibiting pinned silver gelatine prints
- The prints are from negatives that span 25 years plus of working in Melbourne’s industrial Inner north and I have never enlarged any of them before.
- I won’t be installing the work
- I mailed the prints in a box in advance
- I’m giving a floor talk in the gallery on opening night
I’m already thinking that there are more works to add to the series, not uncommon, but the archival nature of the image research means I may need to rethink this part of the process.
Here are a couple of out-takes from the exhibition.